Monday, December 21, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year ... la la la la

Don't you just love Christmas? Everyone just seems so happy, humming away christmas tunes as they buy presents for their loved ones. I for one, am not only excited for Christmas but for what it brings with it. No, I am not talking about Santa Claus. I was thinking about Boxing Day, and if you are a shopaholic like me, you know you can't wait for those prices to drop. Christmas also makes me anticipate the New Year and ofcourse New Year's parties. If you are in a conundrum about what to wear, you have come to the right place. There have been a lot of trends this fall, and a lot of them are very holiday appropriate - sequins, shiny metallics, chrome coloured nails and red lipstick!



Here are a few that are on my wishlist:



1) Club Monaco Sequin Blazer Clearly this is not for any plain Jane, but this is the kind of piece that will pull together a simple outfit and add that glamour factor. Pair it with some skinny jeans and a plain white T and you are good to go to any party! Although the price is a bit steep at $295, there are several affordable look alikes at stores like Urban Planet or Sirens.



2) American Apparel Foil Print Nylon SpandexMicro-Mesh Long SleeveMini Dress






If you want to be a bit daring, try American Apparel's Foil Print Nylon SpandexMicro-Mesh Long SleeveMini Dress with some sheer leggings and over the knee boots. This dress is not only affordable but comes in a gorgeous metallic black-gold and a metallic blue.



3) China Glaze Khrome Collection

I have been completely obsessed with the China Glaze Khrome colour collection since I saw some models wearing a metallic gold colour in issues for Dec/Jan. They look fantastic on short nails and don't emphasize any boo boos that you may have made while applying nail polish (and trust me, I make plenty of mistakes especially while painting the nails on my right hand with my left hand). Although I wasn't able to locate the gold colour that I want, I did pick up a sparkly gunmetal colour from their Romantique collection called Awaken which I thought looked similar to YSL's Tuxedo grey.





4) YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Red muse






I think I would pay for the packaging of the lipstick itself. I love how sophisticated they've made the tube with the gold and YSL logo above the colour of the lipstick. It's genius that they included a tiny mirror on top of the lid so everytime you apply lipstick, you don't have to frantically search for a mirror in your bag, you can just use the lid. Now, the colour, its a red that every girl should have. Even if you are someone who generally shys away from bright colours, you know you can totally pull it off, especially for the holidays.






No comments:

Post a Comment