Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lip Balm addict

As a recent graduate from University who has a student loan amount greater than her age, I have started looking for cheap alternatives to the products that I generally use. One of my winter essentials is Lip Balm. Can't live without and don't want to. I am a serious lip balm addict and usually end up buying several types just to try them out. One that I had been using for a while is the Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment with SPF 15. Just like the original Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, it feels extremely moisturizing and the smell is delicious, albeit with a tint of pink. However, at $27 CDN a tube, it does not come cheap.

Although I did re-stock my tube of Fresh Lip treatment, I have also found alternatives such as the Body Shop Cocoa Butter lip care stick and Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker by Bonne Bell. What I love about the Cocoa Butter lip care stick is that smells and tastes like chocolate, is probably more moisturizing than my Fresh Lip treatment and comes at a fraction of the price at $7 CDN. The only problem is that it is clear so if you want some colour, this is probably not for you.

However, that's where Bonne Bell's Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker comes in! It is under $3 CDN, it is moisturizing, smells AMAZING (and I don't even like drinking Dr. Pepper) and has this lovely reddish colour to it. And guess who else is a loyal fan and raves about it in almost every interview - Rachel Bilson!!!! As for me, I like to switch up all three, depending on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment