Tuesday, April 14, 2009

3.5 inches and up

I can never be too tall. At 5'9", it would seem obvious that I shouldn't have to tower over the average person any more than I have to. However that isn't always the case. Let it be known that I don't always wear heels, but the times I do...*sigh*... I feel amazing; a little bit more womanly, a bit more flirty and a lot less shy. The extra confidence that appears with me in heels is definitely needed. Seeing a tall person made taller by artificial means does make them stick out like a sore thumb. Back at home, the minute I take them off, I feel like Cinderella, losing her glitz and glam at midnight. I then understand and feel, just for a second, what it's like being short.

Almost every week, for as long as I can remember, I sit and watch Fashion Television and In Fashion, in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the heels that are on the likes of Coco Rocha, Kate Moss, Chanel Iman, and Daria Werbowy as they parade down the runway of the most in fashion designers. The Louis Vuitton heels from it's recent Spring show caught my eye while watching and I had to find out more.

Behold "Spicy"

There are many variations available that Marc Jacobs had designed for these beauties, which adds to it's appeal and uniqueness. However with my budget, these shoes will remain in my dreams and not in my closet (The price ranges from $1000-$3000).

As the weather is getting warmer, the opportunity for my stilettos, platforms and wedges to make their appearance in the sun is fast approaching. When that time has come, I'll be there and you'll see me, heads above the others.




[Photo Credit: dailymail.co.uk]

No comments:

Post a Comment