Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beyonce in Balmain

As much as I hate to admit it, celebrities do sometimes influence my decision when it comes to clothing. I mean, take the Balmain jacket seen on Beyonce for example, I had only noticed the denim version of this jacket when I was browsing through the Spring '09 collection on style.com. Had I not seen these pictures popping up all over the net of her in this jacket, I would have never known it existed!
However, now that I've studied every little detail, starting from the angular shoulder pads to the eagles etched on the slightly oxidized silver buttons, I must say I am in love.


I have been looking for an "inspired" version on ebay ever since, and ofcourse, the mothership of all knock-offs - Zara. However, for those of you who have the cash to spare, you can get the original for $11,410 or the denim version for 5,075 at net-a-porter.com. For now, I'll live vicariously through Beyonce!
P.S. I LOVE her new hair-cut!
Photo credit: Just Jared and Net-A-Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment